Coatings for steam turbines
Small series production: Shorten lead time and increase capacity.
- Designing production cell with employees
- Reorganisation of workflow
- Adopt production steps accordingly
- Improve the coating system
- Re-design sand blasting, masking, cleaning
Efficiency improved by more than 40 percent and reduction of lead time by half; quality significantly improved; technical detailed innovations of the employees are awarded internally.
Coatings in thermal power plants
Development and market launch of the products coatings in thermal power plants.
- Products: Coating by electrical arc process as an in-situ service
- Development of coating materials and process
- Transfer know-how to partners
- Implementation in practice
- Development of business plan and implementation
Technically proven know-how available; implementation in practice with partners; sales within a year of 0.5 million Euros; technically successful product.
Product Boiler Coating
Implementation of product service “Boiler Coating” in Europe (B2B) in cooperation with regional offices.
- Gathering of existing know-how: product definition (technology, advertising, brand)
- Elaboration and implementation of a road map
- Training of regional sales representatives, unified presentations sales support for key accounts
- Standardised manufacturing processes and quality standards
- Continuous control of implementation progress
Sales increase with earnings improvement: Market acceptance among customers; internal confidence in the product; on-site large-scale orders covered by employees from six European countries; sales > 5 million Euros.
Realignment Profit Center
After merging two locations realignment to stabilize sales.
- Replacing lost orders: developing applications and defining products from them
- Revising marketing and implementing sales measures
- Develop and Support a unified corporate culture with intensive training
- Introduce lean processes involving employees
- Restructuring and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Building relationship with local partners
Short-term sales stabilization and medium-term significant increase in sales (>150 percent) with margin growth.
Small mobile HVOF spray system for manual on-site coatings.
- Very lightweight gun and simple controller for mobile use
- Redesign of an existing gun, water cooled, weight about 0.5 kg
- Testing and improvement with employees
- Gas control unit and electrical controller each in size of a brief case
- Adjustment of spray parameters and of powder
Light weight unit available; simple assembly and disassembly; increase efficiency by > 10 percent.
Increase efficiency in complex on-site (construction sites) projects with up to 16 employees.
- Training employees by external moderator on lean processes
- Introducing CIP working groups under the responsibility of the team
- Employees implement the measures with their own budget
- Positively accompanying many small changes over two years
Personnel deployment and work duration in on-site projects reduced by about 30 percent, production availability increases, project results improve significantly.